LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking positive and energetic self-driven individuals to join our rapidly growing Outsourced Management Accounting (OMA) team. Team members in LGA’s OMA department are responsible for providing bookkeeping, accounting and advisory services to our owner managed clients. The position is for professionals who enjoy the combination of performing accounting tasks with developing wonderful client relationships with a focus on building a career with opportunities to progress at all levels.
LGA is seeking an experienced individual with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the accounting profession to work within a CPA firm on clients from start-ups to mature businesses in a variety of industries. This is also a great opportunity for professionals with an audit or tax background who are looking to get out of the compliance world, but enjoy the diversity of client service that comes with public accounting.
Key Experiences, Responsibilities and Personal Attributes:
- Works as an effective team member to accurately complete various tasks including:
- Recording daily accounting activity, utilizing technology.
- Preparing bank and credit card reconciliations using QBO features.
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and performing reconciliations of key accounts.
- Preparing workpapers to support account balances.
- Preparing monthly and annual closings, including the recording of adjusting journal entries, as needed.
- Preparing payroll journal entries utilizing a working knowledge of payroll processing.
- Preparing and reviewing a Balance Sheet, P & L and General Ledger under the accrual basis of accounting in a proficient manner.
- Gathering of data for the preparation of Form 1099s.
- Interact with and assist client’s and their team with in-house accounting functions and obtaining information.
- Extremely detailed oriented and quality focused with performing a self-review of their own deliverables along with reviewing other team member’s work for quality control.
- Ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative environment with team members in all departments.
- Identifies and communicates client and engagement concerns as well as progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible in tasks and time, manage your own workload with adjustments to your schedule especially during peak workload times in the department.
- Ability to balance with ease multiple priorities and clients with weekly and monthly deliverables in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online (QBO) and QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT)
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification is a plus
- Proficient in technology and any related accounting and workflow applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- Able to work effectively in a paperless environment.
LGA is a collaborative working environment that offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within an environment that focuses on a positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents though a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings and celebrations.