Senior Associate – Tax
LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking positive and energetic self-driven individuals to join our tax team. The position is for growth-oriented professionals focused on building a career in public accounting with opportunities to progress at all levels. Team members in LGA’s tax department work extensively on not only the preparation and compliance of corporate, partnership, individual, estate and trust tax filing, but also gain exposure to a broad range of other business and tax related matters consisting of international tax, research and value add consulting. If you are passionate about being impactful to your clients, while working in a collaborative and fun environment, this is the perfect opportunity to develop enhanced tax skills with direct client contact in a team environment.
LGA is seeking an associate with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a CPA firm.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Proficient in the preparation of Corporate, Partnership, and Individual tax returns
- Ability to prepare multi-state income tax returns
- Accounting knowledge with non-attest engagements and the preparation of accounting and tax work papers, and reconciliations
- Flexibility to manage a fast paced environment, multiple client projects, and meet all deliverables and deadlines, especially during busy season
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth
- Experience in supervising, training and mentoring staff
- Preparation of high-net-worth individual, estates, and trust tax returns is a plus
- Ability to research tax issues is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for excellence
- Positive attitude focused on enhancing the firm’s culture and an open-mindedness to change
- CCH Suite of Products: Pro-Fx Tax, Engagement, Document, Portal
- Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in technology and a paperless environment
- BS/BA in Tax, Accountancy or related concentrations
- Masters in Tax or Accountancy or a plan to pursue
- CPA certification or a plan to pursue
LGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a positive environment that lends itself to a positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents though a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, paid time off to take the CPA exam, reimbursement program, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings and celebrations.