LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking positive and energetic self-driven individuals to join our tax team. The position is for growth-oriented professionals focused on building a career in public accounting with opportunities to progress at all levels. Team members in LGA’s tax department work extensively on not only the preparation and compliance of corporate, partnership, individual, estate and trust tax filing, but also gain exposure to a broad range of other business and tax related matters consisting of international tax, research and value add consulting. If you are passionate about being impactful to your clients, while working in a collaborative and fun environment, this is the perfect opportunity to develop enhanced tax skills with direct client contact in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Develop awareness in the tax arena for business and personal tax engagements;
- Ability to gain experience and knowledge to plan and perform corporate, partnership, individual, estate and trust tax filings
- Be flexible to manage a heavier workload and multiple client projects especially during busy seasons which can include traveling to client sites
- Ability and willingness to meet tax and client deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, managers, partners, and clients
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as being self-motivated
- A desire to develop trusted client relationships
- Detail oriented, asks appropriate questions, and requests supervision when in need of assistance
- Become part of a team to ensure timely client service
- Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in technology and a paperless environment
- BS/BA in Tax, Accountancy or related concentrations
- Masters in Tax or Accountancy or a plan to pursue
- CPA certification or a plan to pursue
LGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a positive environment that lends itself to a positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents though a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, paid time off to take the CPA exam, reimbursement program, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings and celebrations.