Associate Accountant – Assurance and Attest
LGA, a progressive Woburn-based CPA firm, is seeking positive and energetic self-driven individuals to join our audit and assurance team. The position is for growth-oriented professionals focused on building a career in public accounting with opportunities to progress at all levels. Team members in LGA’s audit and assurance department work extensively on audits, reviews, and compilation engagements in various owner-managed businesses. If you are passionate about being impactful to your clients, while working in a collaborative and fun environment, this is the perfect opportunity to develop enhanced audit and assurance skills with direct client contact in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Ability to gain experience and knowledge to plan and perform audits, reviews, and compilation engagements in various owner-managed businesses for a number of different industries.
- Become familiar with accounting and auditing procedures in accordance with firm standards in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- Preparation of financial statements and developing proper techniques to prepare appropriate work papers
- Ability to obtain an understanding of various clients’ accounting systems and processes.
- Develop awareness in the tax arena for business and personal tax engagements
- Ability and willingness to meet business and client deadlines
- Be flexible to manage a heavy workload and multiple client projects especially during busy seasons which includes traveling to client sites
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues, managers, partners, and clients
- Ongoing commitment to continuing education and professional growth
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as being self-motivated
- A desire to develop trusted client relationships
- Detail oriented and the professional curiosity to ask questions
- Sense of urgency to be a part of a team to ensure timely client service
- Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in technology and a paperless environment
- BS/BA in Tax, Accountancy or related concentrations
- Masters in Tax or Accountancy or a plan to pursue
- CPA certification or a plan to pursue
LGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work within a positive environment that lends itself to a positive team culture. At LGA, we are dedicated to further developing and enhancing your skills and talents though a variety of firm initiatives that include learning and development, paid time off to take the CPA exam, reimbursement program, career counseling, mentoring, interim evaluations and coaching and firm give back events, outings and celebrations.